We had a an awesome 5 days!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 07, 2006
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
The ship itself was very nice! I liked that it was not a huge ship so it didn't take long to get acclimated. The food was very good, my kids thought they were on cloud nine!

Very good! We enjoyed our waiter and he knew what we liked. He got to know us in a very short time! I liked that the breakfast and lunch in the dining room was unassigned.

Could have had more shows. Only one that I even remember that was worth seeing.

For my 10 and 12 year olds they had the vacation of their lives! There was always something for them to do and they made friends. We hardly ever saw them! For my 16 year old, most things that they said they had going on never happened. He would go to it and noone would show up to start it. As for my 18 year old there was nothing for her to do.

Our dining room staff was excellent! He got to know our likes and dislikes immediately. He also figured out quickly that my 10 year old didn't want to mess around with the children's menu!

Very clean, easy to get around. Staterooms were not as gaudy as some that I have been in.

We had four people in our cabin but did not feel as crowded as I thought we would. It was very good layout. The bed was the best bed I ever slept in! Couldn't have slept better!
We went on the Uxmal tour and it was excellent! Heard from others that the town and beach were bad
Don't Miss: Uxmal
We went on a tour of Uxmal. It was an excellent way to spend our time at this port. The town itself is very poor and not tourist friendly. We heard a lot of people commenting on that when they were at the beach there were a lot of children begging for money.
Don't Miss: Uxmal!
Don't Miss: Uxmal!
We went on the Sail, Snorkel and beach party tour. The guides were excellent and we had the time of our lives! They instructed us well in snorkeling and we really enjoyed ourselves. The beach was perfect! The kids had a lot of fun on the kayaks and just enjoying the beach. We got back and still had time to shop in the area by the ship.
Don't Miss: Sail, Snorkel and Beach party tour!
Went on the snorkel, sail and beach party. Great hosts. Excellent way to spend a vacation.
Don't Miss: Sail, Snorkel and Beach party
Don't Miss: Sail, Snorkel and Beach party tour!
Don't Miss: Sail, Snorkel and Beach party
Don't Miss: Uxmal

Pros: I loved the children's programs for my 12 and 10 year old.

Cons: The older teen scene did not live up to its name

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!