Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

WOW! What a wonderful Honeymoon.

Sail Date: February 24, 2007

Ship was not too big but big enough to have everything you would want. Ship was clean, personell were polite, smoking was kept to confined areas and the food was to die for.

Pros: REALLY getting away for a few days and being treated like royalty.

Cons: The trip was over by the time I finally learned my way around the ship.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Was disappointed that two wedding gifts (cruise credits) purchased prior to sailing were never delivered to our room as requested. Did not learn about them until I was back home. Otherwise, ship staff was excellent and very attentive.
Wish they had a diagram (map) of the ship in our room so it would be easier to find places and learn my way around. More signs on each level of stairs to indicate name of deck would have been nice.
Get ready to gain some weight. The food and service were excellent.
Room was better than expected. Bed was comfortable.
First night comedian was a flop. Three great shows. Last night's show was only fair. Casino and small clubs were too smokey. How about a non-smoking cruise?
Good shopping, plenty variety, store personell were too pushy. It would be nice to have a restaurant guide and a map of shopping district provided prior to arrival in Cozumel.
Don't Miss: I wish I knew.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Took bus trip to Chichan Itza Pyramids. Very interesting. Provided lunch was not very good. Too much time driving and not enough time at site. No map of site was provided. Too many peddlers bothering us during the tour.
Don't Miss: Mayan Pyramids, Merida tour.