Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I wish I woke up from this Dream

Sail Date: August 25, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Wish I woke from this dream!

We booked on the Carnival Dream. We read some of the bad reviews about the Dream, but thought maybe they were just real critical people. We cruised once before on the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas.. that was an unbelievable ship.
So on the Dream, we were rerouted because of the hurricane, so we were going to do the trip backwards. 2 days at sea then the islands, changing one of the islands to Grand Turk, no problem. But they shut down all the pools and slides because it was windy, except for one in the rear that was real small and had 50 people trying to jam into it. So there was nothing to do for the boys which were 10 and 12. They did have mini golf on the upper deck, but was so windy, was very hard to play. Even after the winds from the hurricane, it was very windy to walk around the ship because of the way the ship was made. I went to the front desk they said they can play bean bag toss... yikes.. I went to the \"kids\" club they had board games for them to play, and my 10 year old was could have gone to story time, which he said noooo way to. So I went to front desk and they said there was a class they can go to.. mixology,, so I guess I can send my 10 and 12 year old boys to a class to make martinis. Most of the activities were for much older people. joint pain,, etc. I went to the desk again. he said well it's because of the weather, but I said,, you are on the ocean in the Caribbean, you can have bad weather anytime. don't you have other plans for kids to do. another family that had 5 kids with them were ticked too because there was nothing to do.. the kids were riding up and down the elevators to have fun and watching TV.

The first day was horrible to get in and on the boat, waited an hour in the car just to get through the parking lot to drop the suit cases, then another 1 1/2 hours to get through the sign in, and the first meal... almost 2 hours to get food and a table to eat. you should have seen t

Pros: Not much

Cons: There was nothing to do for my 12 and 10 year old boys\, the pools and slides were shut down because of weather

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.