Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

"Know more before you go"

Sail Date: May 16, 2011

This was our first cruise and I took my 82 year old mother and my 19 year old daughter. I felt that there should have been more options onboard for entertainment for everyone in the family. I don't think this was the right cruise for us. Also, since this was my first cruise, I booked an interior room that said it could sleep 4-5. I truly do not know where they would have put the other 1-2 people. It was way too small. Perfect size for two but truly for more than that spend the money to get more space. I also felt the purchasing of the unlimited bubbles card was a waste of money. You can't use it in the dining areas, only at the bars. Since we did not choose to hang out at the bars, it was a waste of money.

Pros: The docking at a different port each morning was nice to explore a different place each day.

Cons: The activities were toolate at night. I would have liked some of the activities to start earlier. Also, there is no need for the show girls to wear thong customs. It did not add to the show. In fact it took away from the performances.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Stateroom pictures show it to be more spacious than what it is. If you do not know anything about a cruise ship, the bathroom in an interior room was almost the size of a bathroom on a commercial airplane with a shower basically in the sink.
It would have been more helpful to have an idea of how limited the activities were on this boat. We needed to be looking at a boat with more family activities. Something everyone in the grouping would have liked.
Ship's decor was okay but it is definitely geared towards night club motiff.
Everyone who has come back from a cruise has done nothing but raved about how good the food was. I cook dinner for my family. I am not a chef. But, truly nothing was served that I couldn't make for dinner.
Everyone was very curtious and wanting to help.
This port had more to offer. I wish we would have had more time at this port. We did an excursion through cheap tickets and not the cruiseline and I think it was a better excursion. It had lots of shopping as well but offered things other than jewelry.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
This island is beautiful but it is owned by Carnival. Excursions were the only thing here or laying on the beach. These were the only activities here.
Grand Turk Island
Very beautiful. Only has excursions and shopping. Shopping is primarily jewelry.