Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Destiny Cruise Ship

Sail Date: April 23, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

For the price it was good if you haven't cruised before. I won't be using Carnival again. The clientel was not the best. I didn't use the hot tubs due to too many little kids in it. I travelled with a 11 month old child and the crew catered to him. The baby sitting didn't start until 10:00 pm, which I thought was alittle late. It was basically drop off a sleeping child and they called if he work up. On the upside it was only $6.00 per hour which was reasonable.

Pros: Casino was fun, Shows were great!

Cons: Food wasn't the best, one waiter said he isn't going to renew his contract

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Not much buffet variety, formal dining was okay, food was displayed nicely but it didn't taste the best.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Went to 7 mile beach. Again went one our own and saved alot. Just take a cab. Beach was nice. My son went to the sunkin ship and loved it.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
It was a little dirty. Overall what I expected. We went to Dunn's River on our own and saved a fortune. I would do that again. Take a cab and save instead of the ship tours.