Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

DO NOT GET MARRIED ON CARNIVAL CRUISE

Sail Date: June 04, 2016

Room Type: Suite

If you are planning a wedding with carnival cruise, You should have LOTS of patience, because the hold times are astonishing. sometimes over 45 minutes ONLY to be connected with with WRONG department. If you plan on surprising your significant other, DON'T BOTHER. all internal information will be released.  I wanted to sing a song instead of traditional index card vows, but the coordinator emailed my husband ALL of the information I had given to her. Also, there will not be a rehearsal or any kind... no matter how much you stress to them that you would like a brief walk through. Expect chaos minutes before you walk down the aisle. No matter how much you spoon feed information to them, they will STILL mess up music. There were at least 3 music errors. One of them was RIGHT before I (the bride) was supposed to walk down the aisle. They played the exit song instead, which is a funny upbeat song that completely ruined the moment. (Then they blamed it on my grandma who was also our ring bearer, because she 'walked down the aisle on the wrong cue' as if that had ANYTHING to do with the music.
EVEN IF YOU DON'T get married on a carnival cruise, if you get hurt, in any way, expect to PAY. My husband hurt his foot after our wedding. it bothered him a little at dinner and then immediately after he couldn't even walk on it. He had to use me as a crutch to get to the medical center... which was closed by 9:10pm. There were plenty of crew members around, but none offered to help. My husband is a tough guy, and it takes A LOT for him to show pain of any kind. He was wincing in pain, shaking and almost in tears. He took off his shoe and his foot looked like a balloon. We had to have someone push him to our room in a wheelchair, and our housekeeper noticed and ran to help us. He saw the severity of the situation and said that we should call '911'. We did, and were told "The medical clinic is closed, however we could send a nurse to your room for a fee of $350... but if you need pain medicine, our souvenir shop is also closed so you would have to pay a $50 fee just to open the shop on top of whatever medicine you purchase"
There is LITERALLY a fee with EVERYTHING. They don't care about your happiness or well being, just about your money. Mind you, we had a large group of 28 people that I organized. We brought them a significant amount of money, and we are the ones who got treated like dirt... on our wedding night nonetheless. We were SOO disappointed. Went to customer service on the ship, and all they said was "Sorry" even the senior supervisor said "There is nothing I can do for you on the ship". I have been trying to contact customer service on the ship for over 2 weeks and STILL nobody has called me back or tried to reach out.

The lady who gave us our sign and sail cards, Shirley announced to anyone and everyone around what room we were in. She thought it was funny. She said "Room 7330 is the party room! We got honeymooners!!" When I asked her to not do that, she laughed, turned to her colleague and repeated it about 3 more times. EXTREMELY RUDE AND ILLEGAL. You are NEVER supposed to announce to strangers the room number or ANYONE. I have worked in hotels for 7+ years and know the severity of the privacy protocols that are in place for good reason.
If you get hurt or injured, expect to pay a LARGE FEE...

DO NOT GET MARRIED ON A CARNIVAL CRUISE. They don't actually care about the guests, or bride and groom. Just about making money. The pictures that you buy, advertise packaged ranging from $899 - $2999, however expect to pay for the rights and spend about $11,000. No, I'm not kidding.