ist time Carnival cruiser

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2016
Ship: Carnival Conquest

Good things: Food was superb. Not everyone agreed with me so I guess I made the right choices in the dining room. Liked the "other" choices like buffets, burritos, deli, and Guy Fieri's burgers. Rooms were adequate with fair amount of closet and draw space as well as space in bathrooms. Plenty of activities for sea days. Entertainment was great including the shows. Staff was great.

Not so good things: Ship departed 4 1/2 hours late due to baggage problems. Unusual long waits to re-board while in port as well as disembarking. It seemed to be very uncoordinated compared to other cruise lines I have been on.

Petty annoyance: Elevators were too far recessed into walls. When the arrival bell sounded it was difficult to see which one of six doors opened.

Never had a bad meal.

Shows were terrific.

N/A

John was a great and accommodating room steward and our dining room staff, Cine and her assistants were wonderful.

Casino should have had isolated location. Having to use deck five as a pass through and smell tobacco smoke was annoying. I realize you pick up impulse business that way but at the expense of passenger comfort. Also disappointed that there was no deck to walk around the whole ship save for the small jogging track on the sports deck and the back and forth walks on the starboard and port sides of the promenade decks.

Only problem was I kept bumping my head on TV shelf every time I had to get something underneath.