Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great vacation

Sail Date: December 11, 2011

The only negative thing that I have to say is about a port of call, not Carnival. Jamaica is not at all what I expected. Most of the locals seemed like they were trying to hustle us. $5/person for a ride to a beach, $5/person to get into the beach (surrounded by a barbed wire fence), $5/person to get picked up from beach (which ended up being only 2 miles from ship), while on the beach, "$60 for a massage" "$60 to braid your hair" "buy my CD mon", $5/person for any additional stop. I know that to many countries, Americans are still looked at as being wealthy, even during this recession, but come on!

Pros: Carnival's staff was excellant

Cons: Could have done without the stop in Jamaica, almost all of the locals were rude and pushy

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

If you want to go on excursions, book them through the cruiseline. Their staff onboard communicate with their staff onshore.