Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival.....A real circus

Sail Date: October 16, 2011

I was terribly offended when we did a booking and one of the excursions was to the Grand Caymans to visit the Turtle Reserve and saw that this was nothing but a "farm" to raise them for food. The conditions were terrible, they were kept in green looking water and tossed dried dog food. After the tour You could then go to the eatery and order a turtle burger, turtle steak , turtle soup etc. What is Carnival thinking??? Also our tour guide didn't know a think about the island other than to show us the price of gas and the building supply places, and ohhh the 2 grocery stores. We asked for a refund as did most of the people on the tour only to be told we could only have half a refund.
The only good meal we really had was the steak house and we had to pay extra for that. I will not EVER do another Carnival Cruise and I plan on contacting my local humane society and posting my comments on the turtle farm, dolphin farm etc. that Carnival listed as "things to do and see" plus you have to pay a lot of money to see these captured and semi taken care of animals. Shame on you Carnival.

Pros: The people I met on the cruise

Cons: hmmm where do I start, the food was fair, the prices - high, service most of the time was poor

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

Something banged against the ship near our room almost the entire cruise. They sent people to check it out but could not find out what the problem was. They moved us from our original room (and only then did we see that this room didn't have working air/heat and no bathroom fan) to another room. However, the problem still persisted through most of the cruise.