Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Good and Bad

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

It's hard not to like any cruise but I have to say I was a little disappointing with this one overall. I'll start with the positives, the ship was clean and the staff did a marvelous job. Reminded me of trips of old where they took an actual interest in you, called you by name, and entertained us during meals, particularly dinner. The layout was a little more constricted than past cruises by design I would say with few of the signature large "open" areas of other lines, but not a deal breaker. I also did not care for the food much but that seems to be happening on other ships as well. The biggest concern I had was the fact that 9 of the 12 in our party got some sort of cold/flu like symptoms putting good moods at a premium. No clue why, but some feverish and others picked a nasty cough we couldn't shake. The crowd was big but fun loving, but the music level in the main pool area was beyond loud. I'm from the loud music generation so don't discount my take. The calypso singers were ridiculously off key every day which was very surprising based on other entertainment throughout the ship. This coupled with the volume choice led many of our party to seek other areas to settle in. The other thing I didn't like was the size of the balcony. They charge a lot of money for them and this one was much smaller than other lines, barely enough room to sit. Again, I don't ever NOT have a good time on a cruise but I think I'll stick to the other lines I've been on for future cruises.

cabin was clean and ample size, balcony was way too small (narrow)
great itinerary other than the fact we couldn't get off at Grand Turk due to weather
Absolutely wonderful