Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had a blast on the Carnival Breeze!

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

My husband and I just got back from our first cruise. We are a young couple with no children.  We really can not say anything bad about our experience with Carnival! We had an absolute blast! There was so much to do that we didn't get a chance to do everything we wanted to do on the ship. Would definitely book the same ship and even the same ports (Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico) again and do different excursions. I would recommend Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, Stingray City Sandbar in Grand Cayman with MarineLand tours, and Ancient Mayan Ruins in Tulum- all of which I booked through Carnival.

The crew did a great job while we were aboard. Tn my opinion, the ship was clean (there was always someone sweeping, mopping, wiping down something). Our cruise director, Matt, did an awesome job on getting the cruisers involved in activities and keeping us informed about things such as embarkation, debarkation, tendering, ect.

On board we played putt putt golf, joined a soccer tournament,  we enjoyed karaoke and comedians, watched movies on the lido deck, participated in name that tune with the cruise director, admired art work that was for sale on the walls, played games in the arcade, listened and danced to the guitar players, DJ and bands, relaxed at the spa, soaked up the rays on deck and watched the waves go by.... the list goes on and on. If you were to tell me that you were bored on this trip, well, I just wouldn't know what to tell you. There is something for everyone!

We had dinner nightly in the Sapphire restaurant.  Dinner was delicious every night and we left with plenty of food in our bellies. The buffet is well, the buffet. We didn't really eat there much except for breakfast where there was your usual cereal, scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, fruit, some other stuff. You could also  go to the MDr and get the same things with additional options. Of course go to Guy's burgers and Blue Iguana to get your Mexican fix. Someone told me they went to the Italian restaurant for lunch right after they boarded the ship. It is free that day for lunch with little to no line. (There were longs lines at the burger and Mexican joints) You have to pay extra for it if you go any other time. We did not try the places where you paid extra to eat because we always found something good to eat elsewhere where we didn't have to pay extra. I believe there is a steak house, the Italian place, somewhere to get sushi, and maybe another place. People I talked to said it was all very good. The one thing I would change is the 24 hour pizza place. The line got a little ridiculous as the night went on because it was the only place to grab a bite to eat after 9 or 10pm.

Initially, I had my heart set on getting a room with a balcony. At the last second I decided to get an ocean view room and spend that extra money elsewhere on vacation. I am glad I did because we were hardly EVER in our room. We slept and showered there. Like I said, there was always something going on that we didn't want to miss. Our room steward was awesome. We noticed that he stopped to service the room frequently and have no complaints as far as cleanliness.

The playlist productions were so-so. Average singing/dancing. If you have a chance to go see the juggling act, I would recommend it. Sounds very juvenile and boring, but this guy is very talented.

Of course, nothing is ever perfect. But if you are thinking of booking a cruise on the Breeze, then I would tell you to go for it. We had such a good experience that we were looking to book our next cruise before out flight home.

Miami, Florida Flew into Ft. Lauderdale. Did Carrie B riverboat tour down off of Las Olas BLVD.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Book an excursion. I wouldn't go around the island independently.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Good shopping, stingray city.
Mayan Ruins in Tulum.