Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Its a breeze for the crew members

Sail Date: August 30, 2014

This was my first time cruising Carnival.  We have cruised 8 or more times on Royal before and thought I would finally give Carnival a shot - specifically because they offered 4 Caribbean ports I had never been to.  I decided you definitely only get what you pay for, and now that I know, Ill save Carnival for bare minimum cruises and last minute trips.

The ship was clean - simple, nice, beachy decoration.

The food was good - especially the dinners at Fahrenheit555 which were amazing - the burrito place and tandoor Indian food were delish too!  Pizza was great at 330am after a late night in the club.

Sushi was enh - not bad but not good...basic.  Skipped the Italian place, and BBQ - which I heard was yummy - and missed Guys burgers unfortunately but I heard crazy calorie counts!!

Dining room service was part of what killed it.  We had one great waiter and the rest just walked around you or stared at you.  Dinners were definitely better than brunch or breakfast when they made you feel as it was a chore to serve you.  Bummer :(  And our whole table - 5 sets or 2 that were strangers till that morning felt that way. Buffet was too confusing in the layout.  I understand what they were going for in design but it became complicated.

Our room attendant was awesome!  Always on top of everything!  However we were in a room next to where the room attendants store their carts at night... don't do it!!  Starting at 7a every morning slamming doors, noisy carts, filling glasses, scooping ice!!  OMG the ice scooping in the glasses right outside our door at 7am on a ship that promotes late night party!!  I spoke to an attendant one morning - not ours - and mentioned the noise, he told me to complain, nothing he could do?!

Guest services - very helpful.

Cruise director Matt and Orlando - both very charming and fun to watch.

Cruise shows were pretty rough - high school quality - they should spend more time practicing and less time cruising.  Guest acts were all great - comedians, juggler, hypnotist.

Bartenders at piano bar and liquid nightclub were awesome!! They knew my name and drink, although I always changed, from day one...that is great service...they saved it for me!!!

Overall the cruise was good - I am actually easy to please, it was my mother who was the tough sell!!

My biggest complaint was the overall quality of customer service from the general crew members.  No eye contact or hellos.  I was skipped twice by crew members in line.  You were only addressed if called.  One shop guy walked away from me as I was asking a question bc of a higher watch sale - I only needed a minute. After a few of these situations they all highlighted themselves.  Some retraining and attention to the "guest" detail of the cruise may be in order.

You asked for specific and honest!

Cabin was great and so was Gusti our room attendant! he was on top of anything we asked. But the cart room was a noise disaster!! 7am crash, bam, clink of ice. ice for mornings!!
Miami, Florida
Grand Turk Island
paddleboarding tour was awesome with Andre. a must do!!
La Romana, Dominican Republic
didnt take a tour but a bus right outside took us to Alto de Campos... a must see!
Willemstad, Curacao
Oranjestad, Aruba
just walked the port and main street are - good shopping - but heard the beaches were amazing