Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

BEAUTIFUL SHIP

Sail Date: July 05, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

I THOUGHT THE BREEZE WAS A BEAUTIFUL SHIP.  COMPARED TO MY LAST TWO CARNIVAL CRUISES, THEY HAVE MADE SOME MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS IN STAFF AND THE FOOD WAS DECENT. I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF CRUISING WITH CARNIVAL  ANYTIME SOON, BUT THIS SHIP MADE ME WANT TO CONSIDER AT LEAST THEIR NEWER SHIPS FOR FUTURE TRAVEL.

I LOVED THE LOUNGES. THE FACT THAT US OLDER ONES WHO ENJOY DANCING COULD DANCE TO A LIVE BAND, IN A SEPARATE LOUNGE FROM THE YOUNGER ADULTS DISCO, WAS A HIT FOR ME.
I COULD SEE THE IMPROVEMENT IN THE FOOD AND DINING, STILL NOT GREAT BUT SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN MY LAST TWO CARNIVAL CRUISES.
THE STAFF WAS A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. MOST WERE CURTEOUS AND ENGAGING. WE DIDNT MEET OUT CABIN STEWARD TIL DAY TO LEAV E.
Entertainment IT WAS ENTERTAINING. BUT HOW DO YOU SHOWTUNE MOTOWN HITS....hmmm?
Onboard Activities there were some activities but not enough for ev1 who was onboard. Karaoke was scheduled during early seating and theater show hours, Never made it because of the scheduling.
THE ITINERARY WAS GOOD. BUT WHY DIDNT WE DOCK NEAR THE FLOATING BRIDGE? Hmmmm?
I was very disappointed that the oceanview cabins are only on the lowest 2 decks. But it had the standard bathroom with shower and also a separate bathtub and sink. Didn't like the sounds of the waves hitting the vessel. A painting fell off the wall and hit my daughters bed while we were sleeping, what a shocker.
Miami, Florida
still more of a cargo port than a cruise port
Grand Turk Island
I loved the fact that we could just walk off the ship, across the pier and be at the beach. You have to really be careful in the water there, the sharp rocks are plentiful.
La Romana, Dominican Republic
Willemstad, Curacao
Didnt dock near floating pier. Off to the side, around the bend with a few makeshift sheds to sell a few overpriced trinkets.
Oranjestad, Aruba