Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

2nd time Princess cruiser not impressed

Sail Date: September 30, 2007

I have to say that my Husband and I were a bit dissapointed this time. I wouldn't say that ANY of the staff went out of their way to make our cruise the best we had ever been on. Most of the bartenders acted as if they didn't really care for the jobs in fact, when we did come across someone who was even the slightest bit friendly my Husband and I joked that they must be new and they hadn't really had a chance to dislike their job yet. We ate in the dinning room most nights because we liked the ambiance but the food was just ok. I am aware that it is hard to feed over 3000 people everynight but a HOT plate of below average food would have been nice. The few times we did dine in the buffet the food was ok but the set up is horrible. We felt as though we were balls in a pinball machine as though we were all bouncing off of each other. This is our 2nd time traveling on Princess and enjoyed it so much the first time and we thought we would try again this time around but as previously stated we were very disapointed. It's so unfortunate when you plan all year for a vacation and save up that you are so disapointed. Fortunately I enjoy my Husbands company so we made the very best of it that we could!

Pros: Anytime dinning and the comedians

Cons: The staff and the food were no big deal.

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Beware of the taxi drivers they are everywhere
Don't Miss: Dunn's River falls was fun!
George Town, Grand Cayman
We liked this island. Much cleaner and enjoyed the people more than Jamaica.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Beware of the taxi drivers they are everywhere
Don't Miss: Dunn's River falls was fun!
We love Mexico. We had a fabulous time! The snorkel and beach tour we booked through the cruise line was great The staff on the snorkel trip was exceptional and it was just an over all good time.
Don't Miss: The blue water. I have never seen water this beautiful.
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
It was a relaxing day but I believe just another way for Princess to make more money. I would have much rather gone to another port of call.
Don't Miss: The beach
George Town, Grand Cayman
We liked this island. Much cleaner and enjoyed the people more than Jamaica.
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Don't Miss: The beach
Don't Miss: The blue water. I have never seen water this beautiful.