Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great cruise

Sail Date: September 02, 2007

Room Type: Suite

The Caribbean Princess was a great cruise ship. This was our first time on a Princess cruise, although it was our second cruise exprience. Everything from start to finish was extremely organized and well staffed.

The staff were all very friendly and courteous. They went one step beyond to anticipate your needs. There was always a person to take your drink order, etc. Often times you wait and wait for bar service - not on the Carobbean Princess.

There were 6 of us in our party and we had decided not to "book" early or late dinner reservations. So that we would have the flexibility to dine on our own time. However, after the second night we fell in love with our waiter (he catered to all of our dining needs and then some) so we made a specific reservation for each evening.

Food was of a very high quality. The presentation was always magnificant - especially the Caribbean Buffet - with the beautiful ice scultures, etc.

Poolside activites was a great deal of fun, engaging the guests to participate - all ages were invited to join in.

Th entertainment was great. Each evening we would attend the shows and then pick our "club of choice" and enjoyed everyone that we attended. Lots of fun and laughter.

Shops on board were great. I realized I had not packed a hat - and withhot sun everyone I would definitely need to purchase one. So, that was very easy - off to the $10 shop - which was a great find. Hats, beachbags, evening bags, everything you could imagine for a mere $10. Of course the boutiques on board wre great as well - and yes, our group - the "girls" of course did visit and purchase from several shops.

For me personally the "suite" made the cruise perfect for me. I do not like small, tight areas. And in the past we have always had a balcony, but not a suite with a balcony. The size of our room, was great it was like a large studio apartment, and the bathroom was fabulous. Very clean rooms. I probablywill not be able to cruise again, unless of course I book a suite with a balcony.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and we all had a wonderful time and will defintely book a Princess cruise in the future.

Pros: The spacious suite

Cons: Everything was perfect

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

The entertainment was very good, there were several options available. Personally I like the LasVegas style show that we attended on our first night and would probably have preferred more, rather than all the comedians. However, my husband loved the comedians.
The food was of an exceptional quality, various restuarants were also a nice change. The dining times were convenient and offered many options.
The ship was extremely clean, all public areas as well as private rooms. IOur group especially like the hand sanitizers placed through out the ship.
As I mentioned previously the "suite" was fabulous. It was nice to have a sitting area to read, or watch television while one of us where showering or dressing. The size of the balcony was larger than my previous cruise and that was very nice as well.
Yes, the staff was always willing to help, they were very friednly. It's nice to start your day off with a smile and have a nice day - not just from one waiter, but rom everyone - including the Captain - whom we "bumped" into a several ccasions.
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
This was a great first stop. The tender was very manageable and a very short ride. The beach was beautiful. The water was the color or turquise - which the Caribbean is known for. It was great fun to using the floats. The bar staff were very attentive on Princess Cays.
Don't Miss: Floating around in the magnificent Caribbean waters.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We really di not like this port. To many "locals" demanding your business. We did take a tour through the rain forest and although it was pretty with the beautiful greanery it was upsetting at each stop to take a picture that we were harrassed by folks selling their goods. Dunes Falls was a look and see - not worth the slipping and sliding.
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Don't Miss: Floating around in the magnificent Caribbean waters.
Paradise Beach was a fun place - with icebergs in the water for climbing and a pier for diving. Shots of Tequila on the beach was a first for our group - need I say more. The was our first visit to Mexico and would defintely go back to Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Carlos & Charlies - fun, fun and more fun
George Town, Grand Cayman
Great shopping, very clean and friendly atmosphere. Defintely worth the visit.
Don't Miss: Margaritaville was a fun place.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Great shopping, very clean and friendly atmosphere. Defintely worth the visit.
Don't Miss: Margaritaville was a fun place.
Don't Miss: Carlos & Charlies - fun, fun and more fun