Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Very Very Restful

Sail Date: April 06, 2008

Room Type: Suite

It totally depends on what you are looking for but for me that was rest and some BJ action. The rest was wonderful, the meals were fine even if a bit on the eclectic side but the casino action was ugly at best and lacking most of the time. I enjoy playing cards and looked forward to a nice time (even if not a profitable one) at the tables but when you can't even get a $25 table open after asking for three nights in a row... something is wrong. It's not that I don't like the low $3/$5/$10 tables, it's just that it doesn't allow for a set group of experienced players to form a common bond at a higher stakes table. Additionally the pit-bosses were less than forthcoming with any comps on drinks as if it was coming out of their pockets directly - when you provide action at $50 for four hours you'd think they'd at least comp you one drink - other lines do much better with this.

For the cruise part of the trip this was as expected. Smooth sailing, great ports and only a slightly noticeable amount of "kids".

Pros: The adult ONLY pool were just sooooo good

Cons: The Casino - when you couldn't even get a $25 BJ table open

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

The choices were less than desirable, with minimal down to earth types of offerings - these might have been available in the "specialty restaurants" but getting a reservation there was worse than having major surgery scheduled in a small town so I don't know
I was surprised that the mini-suite was really no larger than what I've had as standard balcony rooms on many other cruises so I'm not sure any upgrade was worth it. I would recommend that they invest in ear phones for the two TVs as having both on, with different programs made one of us do lip reading
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Since I've been to this port multiple times I stayed on board and enjoyed the quiet and full availability of the pools
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
If you plan on going to the "cook-out" get there at least 2 hours early because of lines - that was a real downer and could have been done better
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Again, this is a common stop and since we were in the "other" harbor with nothing close by, I stayed on board. Why we didn't pull into the main harbor is beyond me but that was surely missed as so much is close and handy.