Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: September 11, 2016

Reviewed: 25 days ago

The ship was beautiful and kept very clean. We loved the ports of call, although due to limited mobility, we were unable to disembark at most places. The food and service in the main dining room was excellent. Even though we opted for My Time Dining, we were seated at one of two waiters' sections each evening. The staff made sure we did not have to walk far to our table. The food in the Windjammer Cafe was good, although not exceptional. We enjoyed breakfast at the Park Cafe as well.

Entertainment: We did not attend any of the production shows in the theater. We did see one movie in the cinema which was very small and intimate. The nightly entertainment in the Centrum was very good, especially the 70"s Disco Inferno and the Night of Jazz. We also listened to the group Soul Inspiration, and enjoyed their music and song choices very much.

I had reserved and paid for 3 shore excursions which were advertised as being in the "mild" category as far as activity required. The excursion to St. Peter's Square, however, required a lot more walking than my husband was comfortable with. The part of the tour on the bus was very nice, the tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable but the walking as far as distance and ease was totally misrepresented by the written description and by the staff at the Shore Excursion Desk. Upon our return I cancelled the remaining 2 excursions because I couldn't be sure my husband would be able to participate due to his level of fatigue.

Our cabin was comfortable and clean with plenty of storage, hangers in the closet and lots of room.

Cruise Photos

The cabin was just right

I recommend reserving My Time Dining on line before starting the cruise. I got the times we wanted with no problem and avoided long lines waiting to be seated. There is only one main dining room on this ship.