Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent cruise

Sail Date: March 23, 2015

My family of four, including my aging mother, cruised on the Brilliance of the  Seas on March 23, 2015. My family, excluding my mother, had cruised with another line before.  With Royal Caribbean, we had an excellent experience from beginning to end.  I cannot say enough about how pleasant and helpful every member of the staff was aboard this ship. Mr. Weaks  - who supervised our room cleaning service to our wait staff - Admir & Imre - all were personable, fun and a good reflection on Royal Caribbean. They knew our likes and sought to make sure our needs were met before we even asked. The rooms were spacious and well appointed for a cruise ship.  The pools were clean and the other guests were very friendly and well-behaved. My husband absolutely loved their gym - he is a big health nut, working out 6 days a week and thought they had very good equipment. While we had some Auburn University college students on board, they were very well-behaved and quiet. The cruising age for this ship was a little older, which was nice and also helped to improve our cruise.   We look forward to our next cruise with Royal Caribbean. After this experience, we will not cruise with another line. Royal Caribbean Fans for Life!

Very clean, beautifully decorated and spacious
Excellent food - more than ample servings and EXCELLENT wait staff. You never left hungry. They had some many new food items to try.
Exellent on all levels
Nice variety of shows and lounge acts
Children's Programs n/a
Rock climing, putt-putt, pool contests and so much more. Fun classes like sushi making, napkin folding, spa treatments and more. Excellent.
Destinations and Excursions Exellent tour of Grand Cayman through the trolley excursion through Royal Caribbean. We would move there if we could . People were extremely friendly but not pushy, as you find in Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel before but took this cruise to see Grand Cayman.
Cabin / Stateroom The cabin was spacious for a cruise ship. It was very clean and well-appointed. The bed was a little firm for my taste but my husband thought it was fine.
Tampa, Florida Use the pay ahead and pre-pay your vallet parking at the dock. Totally worth the pricea to have your car driven right up to the curb for us to load and unload. We were hitting the road in minutes after we deboarded the ship..
George Town, Grand Cayman The American dollar value is less than that of Grand Cayman so everything costs more. Our lunch for 4 at Margaritaville was $100. - with Grand Cayman money it was $77. Kind of pricy but worth it. The people were very friendly and there was absolutely no street begging which was very nice. There were may gift shops with nice choices of items to take home.. The beaches are beautiful. Take the Trolley Tour to learn more about this self sustaining island where they have a 98% literacy rate, mandatory graduation, no sales tax, property tax and more. The U.S. could learn a LOT from this country. I also felt very safe there.
Cozumel, Mexico Not my favorite place. I do not like the pushiness of the vendors. I had been before and only went this time because my mother had never been to Cozumel. Next time we will just stay un the boat and enjoy all the activities with no crowds. We almost had the pool to ourselves since we came back eary. Very nice!

Really spend the first 1/2 day at sea looking around the ship to discover what all it has to offer. Don't pre-book any spa treatments, as they continue to reduce the price throughout the cruise. We did the valet parking at the dock and it was totally worth the price.