Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Drugged and thrown off the ship by RCCL

Sail Date: June 14, 2007

For whatever reason that a neurologist hasn't not yet pinpointed, I had a seizure for the first time ever on the 3rd day of a 14 day Mediterranean cruise. The ship's officers decided that they were not equipped to handle this (a little Tegretol goes a long way fellas!), pumped me full of I.V. Valium which left me completely incapable of making any decisions, told my sister I would die if we didn't get off the ship immediately, and sent us off to a hospital in Italy with no further help or instruction as to how we would get back to the US. It was a terrible, frightening, and expensive experience.

Pros: Didn't have much time to find anything to like

Cons: Being drugged and left to fend for myself in Italy

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? No.

What use is a doctor if he can't prescribe for a fairly simple petit mal seizure?
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
This is the port that they threw me off at. The neurologists at the local hospital were actually quite good but their English was as bad as my Italian. If you travel RCCL make sure you speak the language of each of the countries that you are going to visit, in case they decide to strand you in one of them.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Due to flight problems, we boarded here and didn't do any excursions.