Azamara Journey Cruise Review to Caribbean

A Dream Come True

Sail Date: December 11, 2010

To travel on the Azamara Journey is like being in Nirvana. The size of the ship, the decor, the food, the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, the entertainment - just everything. I am 81 years old and this was my 3rd trip on this ship. I would choose no other. I can't wait for my next trip.

Pros: Everything was perfect. Perhaps the smaller size of the ship was the feature I most appreciated.

Cons: There was nothing I disliked.

Recommends Azamara Journey? Yes!

I traveled alone and due to the ship's layout and size, I felt very much at ease.
I have eaten in many fine restaurants and can think of none which surpassed this ship's. Daily choices included everything imaginable. Hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, etc. by the pool as well as 3 restaurants from which to choose, all featuring a gourmet menu and alwayis an amazing array of deserts. Snacks, a variety of teas, coffees, juices, all were available throughout the day. Just beyond belief!
Plenty of room. All needed amenities. Lovely decor, fresh fruit and flowers daily. Spotless. Easy access to elevators and all areas of activity.
Not only did I have a room attendant, but an "assistant Room Attendant" who were always "on the ready" tending to my every need and spoiling me beyond belief.
The talent among the various entertainers was of professional quality. How it is that they have not become famous is a mystery.
Castries, St. Lucia
Beautiful Island
Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.
Beautiful Island but not much to see.
Roseau, Dominica