Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to North America

Third Mate

Great ports / disappointing ship

Sail Date: September 22, 2016

Well let's start with the positive, the ports. My personal favorite was the bay of Fundy trail it's an absolute must do the park is newly opened and is truly a hidden gem there were so many things to see and do you should really research before you go.  The ship for me was a personal disappointment I didn't find anything great about it. To start with the food was inedible, my husband couldn't eat the meat portion of his dinner on about four occasions. I'm a vegetarian and  there was only one choice per restaurant. So if you didn't like what they were offering you were pretty much out of luck unless you wanted to go to the Windjammer Café upstairs.  The entertainment was good, the shopping with subpar a lot of cheap goods. Personally I will never go on anthem of the seas  again, I've been on other Royal Caribbean ships that I enjoyed much better.  Also I don't know if it was the timing or this particular cruise but the median age was probably around 68, there were a lot of scooters wheelchairs and walkers just thought it was worth a mention hardly any kids on this cruise .  I'm in my 50s and I felt like a spring chicken😊

Cabin / Stateroom It's a pretty long walk from the elevators but it feels good to stretch your legs so if you want something closer really research cabins closer to the elevator.

Definitely book all the shows in advance there were three when we went Spectris cabaret, we will rock you and the gift. There is also a room where you have to solve questions to get out in time I didn't know that they had this till I was on the ship and it was completely booked .