Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Ship not ready to sail!!!

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

We are longtime Royal Caribbean cruisers. Have never had a bad cruise--till now!

This ship should never have left the dock. First off it was over run by children, Apparently it was over booked because it was winter break. I love kids, I have 4 of my own(now grown) and 8 grandchildren.  They were running wild all over the ship, no one was paying any attention to them. I don t mean the teens,they were younger. Running down the halls at all times banging on the walls and making all kinds of noise> The took over the pools and the hot tubs, you couldn t find a chair. The Solarium had a window out so you couldn t use the solarium it was so cold the plants froze. The shopping area was the smalliest I have seen on any ship including Princess and Celebrity.The food was okay but not great. There was nothing to do during the day but walk around or spend the day in your room. In the Schooner Lounge, our favorite on all the other ships, had a piano player who beat the piano to death and sang at the top of his lungs, on every song. You couldn t hear yourself think. It was terrible.  On the other hand I want to give a hand to our room steward who was wonderful-Kadirah Maali kept us happy despite all that was going on. Also a shout out for Pablo, Kwesi And Rayanna. They are the reason I will return to Royal Caribbean, time spent with them helped to make up for the rest. Also signed up for two side trips thru Cruises .com. One was for Paddle Boarding. You said it was 6 miles from the dock about $20. Turned out to be about 30-45 min. and cost $50 each way. When we got there no one was there at the address. We decided not to go it was kind of scary, it was supposed to be I a lagoon, there was no Lagoon, it was in the inlet. Decided not to risk it and headed back to the ship! The second trip in Nassau was great. Probably will not book side trips through Cruises again. Also, it seemed like you had to practically beg someone to wait on you in the bars. You would wait and wait, most of the time you had to go get your own drinks at the bar. Also everything closes up really early. We had 8:30 dining and by the time we got out of the diningroom, they were closing things up. We were ready to party but the party went to bed!!!

Kadirah Maali kept us happy the entire trip. I would say he was a highlight! Kept our room beautiful and fully supplied!
Beautiful ship, will not sail on this ship again, probably none of the big ships if they are similar
During the day? Very little, pretty boring.
More for the kids to do than the Adults!
Thought The Gift was good, along with Nathan and the Comedian. Did not like the Caberat Show. To much unconnected noise.
Pablo, Kwesi and Rayanna. Also our room attendant Kadirah Maali.

To save a headache, do the classic dining. You have an assigned dinner hour but you move to a different restaurant along with your Head Waiter , Waiter and asst waiter each night. If not classic make your reservations before you go.