AmaLegro Cruise Review to River Cruises - Europe

Fantastic cruise!

Sail Date: August 05, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: 305

Really enjoyed this cruise, the service was perfect, the food quite good, and the itinerary was very enjoyable.  We would have preferred more French cuisine choices, but given our fellow passengers, I understand why it is set up this way.  We would have preferred more active day-trip activities, but, again, given our fellow passengers, I understand why.

It's all about making it easy and comfortable for a client set that is predominantly older American and Canadian travelers who are a bit slower than they were in their younger days.  And this is not a criticism, I am commenting on it in this review so that the reader understands what the cruise is all about.  Indeed, some of this pampering was to our benefit, as my wife has multiple food allergies and the staff were stellar in remembering, and working with her, on these allergies.

Great room. But, if I had it to do over again, I would get a lower cost cabin as we were rarely in the cabin. And many times that we were, we were tied up to an adjacent ship, so no view anyway. The cabin itself is spacious and comfortable.
Children's Programs This cruise is not for children. Seriously, they will be miserable and so will everyone else if that child gets restless and starts complaining.
Very personable and talented musician. Not our style preference, but he was for most.
Caudebec, France
Buy some Calvados and drink it while cruising! But do so slowly, it has a kick. Be prepared, it is a lot of bus driving.
Caudebec (Normandy Beaches), France We traveled to Honfluer by bus. I would have preferred that we had cruised all the way there, but I understand that it might have been difficult to make that work in a one week itinerary.
Rouen, France
Les Andelys, France
Paris, France
There is a _lot_ of construction going on around the Louvre, to the east and along the river (1st Arrondissement). Some significant redevelopment in that area. I'd look elsewhere for a hotel in the immediate near future.

Fantastic staff from the Captain on down. More than just polite and professional, they actually seemed to enjoy what they are doing. And went out of their way to engage the passengers. Helene was an amazing cruise director. Very good at what she does, without being overbearing.

1 Comment