Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Allure of the Seas, more of a LURE of the Seas

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

I've cruised on several RCCL ships and thought that this trip would be fantastic.  I was wrong.  It was not all bad; there were some really good moments. The GOOD:  1) The Captain cruised us away from Hurricane Matthew - we had clear and beautiful weather every day. Kudos to him and his watchful staff.  2) The Entertainment (Mama Mia, Aqua Show and Comedian) was great.  3). Zip lining exhilarating if you've never done it (like me). The BAD: 1) The general food was mediocre at best.  The Specialty restaurants were far better because you had to PAY extra to eat there (Chops Grille was the BEST). 2) Formal night was overcooked lobster tails and the dining staff never bothered to remove the meat from the tails for us as they have done in the past.  It was the worst meal I've ever eaten on ship and I walked away from it. 3) Luggage delivery was ATROCIOUS. I was in a Grand Suite and my luggage was lost for several hours.  We all thought it was left at the dock.  When it was finally found, it was almost midnight.  Suite/Diamond/Pinnacle members should always receive their belongings first!  Our RCCL luggage tags denote the status of a passenger and these should be grouped together and serviced first.  4) Special service by the Concierge was mediocre at best: I'm guessing that their lack of enthusiasm was due to the number passengers who were concierge guests.

The BEST: 1) Being on vacation, AWAY from work, without a care in the world!

Would I continue with RCCL?  Yes!  Overall their service is great, but I won't travel on the Allure again.  I like personalized service and I just didn't receive it this time. 2) When we docked in Labadee for the day, RCCL off loaded TONS of food, blankets, supplies and such for Hurricane Matthew battered Haiti.  At least 30 trucks pulled up near the port to take the supplies to the mainland.  I don't know whether or not RCCL planned this from the beginning, but it was REALLY NICE to see the transfer of needed goods in action.  Made me feel like RCCL was giving back to this country.

Nice cabin, my steward was the best
Please see my overall review
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The outdoor barbecue was hilarious. They labeled thin sliced pork chops as BBQ Ribs. Since when does a pork chop look like a rib?
At Sea

Try the Zip-line. You'll either love it or hate, but you must try it.