Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Adventure on the High Seas

Sail Date: July 09, 2006

We had a fabulous trip thanks to the wonderful and interesting crew in the Adventure of the Seas! We even had the oppportunity to speak to the ship's captain almost everyday going ashore, What at friendly guy! There is so much to do aboard that you might even come home tired!!
The ports of call were diverse and interesting even though it rained our day in Antigua. For our first cruise this was a great time. Royal Carribean is a professional organization that was well organized throughout the trip.

Pros: Our cabin, a junior suite was spacious for the two of us. Our Cabin Staff was excellent!. Don't miss the Ice Show on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Cons: There was not enough time in each port to explore the island. We would have liked to had more time ashore.

The food was pretty good, although I have very high expectations, there was a good variety presented. The dinner service was a bit orchastrated and did not always feel personal. Despite the massive dining room, the space still felt comfortable like a better restaurant. A good choice at breakfast is the dining room for a more relaxed breakfast as you plan the day and watch the port activities. My husband really like pizza 24/7.
This is one big ship! I had the impression upon boarding that the we were the first people aboard her. Eveything is so well kept. There are lots of ship diagrams to help you navigate the vessel, without getting too lost.
We stayed on the 10th deck in junior suite and could look over and see the Captain on the Brig. How much closer could that be to operating the ship? The rooms were spacious enough for us and all our clothes. The room was almost soundproof (and I'll leave it at that). The balcony was great to sit and watch the seas go by at night or to pull into port in the early morning. The Stateroom staff was very attentive, I wish they could have come home with us!
You might think with folks from over 30 countries onboard, that this would affect communication with the staff, but we did not encounter anyone that was not pleasant and helpful. Our assistant waiter was professional and even very entertaining!
Do Not Miss the Ice Show.... Repeat Do Not Miss the Ice Show!!!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This was a clean port city. not too much time to explore the city. A bit of shopping of course!
Don't Miss: We did the America's cup race excursion and had a blast. There was a position for everybody on the "crew". You know it was great when even someone who got a touch seasick said it was great.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
My favorite port of call. Real Shopping, clean streets but still an authenic place. I would definately want to spend more time here.
Don't Miss: Megan's Bay was every bit as beautiful as I was told. We spent the idle hours on floats in the bay enjoying the sun, drinks and the fish that swim right around you!