What's Your Favorite Cruise Memory?

Mine isn't a specific moment, but when I was able to cruise the Mediterranean back in 2018, I decided to buy a souvenir in each port. I did my best to hunt down a football/soccer scarf of either the local or national team (whichever I could find). The scarfs were a pretty cheap souvenir in the grand scheme of things, but I used this as a starting point for my scarf collection, which is about to eclipse 40. None of it would have started without my cruise a few years back, so that is my fondest memory so far that cruising has given me.

What is your favorite memory or experience a cruise gave to you?

12 Answers

Riding a Harley in Skagway Alaska....Yes it was a Carnival excursion....Riding a Harley in Cozumel...yes it was a Carnival excursion. Did both in one year. Now Carnival got wimpy and dont do those anymore, I am glad we did these...memories forever.

A wonderful trip to Greece with my daughter and friends. We sailed out of Venice during sunset, so it was very beautiful. It was such a wonderful memory for me and my daughter.

This has to be one of the funniest events on this thread. VERY nice !!!

I organize an annual group cruise for some friends, and a couple of sailings ago, we were doing a private scavenger hunt with the assistance of one of the activities staff from the ship. Yep, we were those annoying people running around the ship doing random tasks and catching them on video.

One of the tasks was to propose to a random stranger. One of our teams caught someone coming down the stairs right outside our meeting room. We didn't really think much about it, until...

At the end of the allotted time, everyone came back to the meeting room and had to show the videos/photos of all the tasks. When the cruise staffer saw the video of this one team proposing to the stranger they had found, her eyes got REALLY wide and she started cracking up. "Did she tell you who she was?" we were asked.

Turns out... this team had just proposed to none other than the captain's wife. And it absolutely made her day.

When we would travel with our friends, K would meet me every morning in the library. It started by accident, but quickly became a ritual. Sadly, he passed suddenly last year. Cruise mornings won’t be the same.

We used to enjoy the art auctions.

my favorite souvenir is a custom bobblehead of me and my wife on a see-saw

Just last year my family was on the Mardi Gras. We got on Saturday and had a flipping blast. Then on Tuesday we had such a great and exhausting day in Cozumel. When we got to dinner (dragging) someone mentioned it was Tuesday. After the day we'd had, my uncle drops his fork and yelled louder than he meant to "It's only Tuesday?!" Everyone around our table got quiet for a second and then burst out laughing. It's now a running joke in our family that it's only Tuesday.

Panama Canal, done it twice. I like mechanical/engineering stuff, lots of that to see there.

My first solo breakfast aft on a Carnival Fantasy class ship watching the sunrise and the ship's wake. Most relaxing and beautiful sight.

Sounds like you have had some incredible memories from your cruises, even remarkable ones that came from bad circumstances like changing ports last minute! Awesome photo, too!

Sounds like you have had some incredible memories from your cruises, even remarkable ones that came from bad circumstances like changing ports last minute! Awesome photo, too!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.