Victims of RCI Coronavirus cancellations...What did you do with your 125% FCC and 125% Cruiseplanner?

So, we were supposed to sail on Symphony of the Seas on April 25th, 2020. Obviously has been canceled.

From RCI, we are receiving 125% Future Cruise Credit, and 125% refund on what we spent in the Cruise Planner, as OBC.

In order to book our replacement cruise, we had to pay a $500 deposit(through the cruiseline) so we rebooked on Oasis of the Seas for April 11, 2021(Less than 1 year away!)

According the the cruisline, we will be receiving approximately $2,500 in FCC.

After our $500 Deposit, we owe $1600 on our Oasis Cruise...After applying the FCC, We now have $900 in FCC...so we did what any responsible cruiser should do:

Looked for a travel agent offering reduced Deposit rates, and booked another cruise!

Going through Cruise.com. we were able to place a deposit of $276($100/pp, and $76 Insurance) on a cruise on Adventure of the Seas, Departing Galveston on December 9, 2020! remaining balance of $692...

So, we'll have around $200 left of FCC....

What has anyone else done/planning on doing?

Tags: Royal Caribbean RCI FCC

5 Answers

Not RCI but Celebrity. June 6th cruise cancelled, so we booked for 2021. 14 day TA , with stops in Greenland & Iceland. Docks in Southampton. Disembark, run across the pier to the QM2 for a 7 day trip home to NY(Brooklyn)

only 456 days to go

That is sad, the safety and health of the people inside the dock should be the first priority.

Been urging caution for awhile now...I have a number of choices with the NCL FCC, and Im in no hurry. For you folks who are lurking, be sure to read the "terms",,,not all cruise lines are the same..

I will definately not be applying any FCC to either of these cruises until near the final payoff date - August 31 for December, and January 11 for April.

Working in the Fire/EMS and Code Enforcement sections of emergency services, I'm feeling very optimistic for the return to cruising...since I have not had a real vacation since my Cruise on Majesty last april...

Very astute spending of your money.

We had our cruise cancelled by Carnival and took the refund instead because if we had rebooked and transfered the funds to a later booking and then were unable to go on that new date we would have lost our money. Or at least that was the information/understanding passed onto me.

We then did a new rebook for a B2B2B for next August and paid the deposit for each booking. Those funds, should we have to cancell, are refundable.

The point I am trying to make here is that not all cruise line policies are so crystal clear so check things out before you decide what to do with a refund/rebooking.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.