Travel Insurance

As a Avid Cruise, I Cruise Seven times annually. I Cruise alone with my Service Dog.

Instead of paying high cost average one hundred per person per Cruise per line just to name a few.

I Cruise on: RCL, NCL, CARNIVAL, CELEBRITY, HOLLAND AMERICA, SILVER SEAS, CUNARD, PRINCESS etc.

ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE

Less than three hundred Yrly

Covers

$Emergency Medical

$Emergency Med Transport

$Trip Interruption

I am covered on as many short or Long Cruises from December 2022 through December 2023. USA or Out of the Country

Even if you only going on one trip their Rates are Lower. And you get More Coverage than the individual Ships.

Plus Claims are Promptly Resolved.

I learned this about Allianz Ins this year 2023.

I'm still waiting for the resolution of my Claim made with AON submitted in November 2022 when I was on the Celebrity Edge.

It is Still Not Resolved and No One Speaks to you it's all email.

I was emailed to return in thirty days for an update.

This is my Personal Experience and My Personal Recommendation.

I am not a Ins Broker.

I do Not work for any Ins Corp or earn Referral Fees.

I'm telling you what I have learned Personally. It may Help You.

You are welcome in advance.

Good luck.

Peace and love

10 Answers

Can confirm. The main reason I went with Allianz(other than the fact that in this god awful state, you cannot purchase insurance direct through the cruise line) was because it specifically listed that it could be used outside of the continental US.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. I reviewed the summary plan description for the Allianz annual travel insurance policy and didn't see anything about geographic restrictions. I also purchased a Nationwide single-trip policy late last year that covered us in Asia.

No it's not because it doesn't Cover outside USA & Europe But if you like it God Bless Peace and love

Since the restart after covid, We started annual travel insurance through Allianze as well. Luckily, we have not needed it. But especially since we go on transatlantic cruises, and atay in Europe a few days before or after, its a good insurance to have. 👍

I just did Nationwide's annual plan. It covers any trips over 100 miles. It has similiar coverage options as Allianz

I was skeptical about Insurance, until my 4th cruise.

We were on Empress of the Seas. For those of you not familiar, Empress weighsin at about 48,500 Tons. About 2,200 more than the Titanic, and over 210,000 tons less than Wonder of the Seas.

We encountered a typical early-January storm in the Gulf of Mexico, on the way to Coata Maya. The seas were quite rough, and my fragile, Land Dwelling self (HA!) got seasick, after a night of overconsumption of Jager-Bombs.

By noon, I had vomited myself into dehydration, and subsequent Diabetic Ketoacidosis, which is rather life threatening.

The Sick Bay was phenomenal, they pumped me full of Normal Saline, Thyamine, and Zofran, bringing me out of DKa, and handing me a $1,400 Bill, which i had to pay out of pocket.

I submitted the bill to Allianz, and had a reimbursement deposit in my checking account within 48 hours of returning.

I will never travel without insurance again!!!

This is great information - thank you for sharing. Aside from cruising, we take multiple trips overseas each year but I've never considered an annual plan. This is something well worth checking into.

May I ask if you're service dog is covered by this insurance ?

Thanks

Lynn is in great form today

There often is a question concerning insurance while cruising. Thanks for sharing your experience. We have had good luck with out car/home owners insurance. It's good to learn from others.

You don't read many giving advice from Actually Living Experiences anymore.

The advice usually comes from Google or a group of Computer Geeks that go Nowhere.

Thanks

Peace and love

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.