As I have sailed on Oasis Class 3 times, I figured I would share the tips and Information that I normally Give to people asking
The Oasis Class of ships, First launched in 2009, is the largest class of Cruise Ships in the world. Ranging from 225,000 Gross tons, to 231,000 gross tons(the yet to be named OASIS 6 SHIP) Displacing 100,000 tonns and ranging from 1,180ft in length to 1,184ft in length(each ship is 1-3 ft longer than it's predecessor, making each new ship the largest cruise vessel in the world) carrying Up to 6,680 Passengers and up to 2,196 crew.
In Comparison, a US Navy Gerald R Ford Class Aircraft Carrier is 1,106ft in Length, and Displaces 100,000 tons, and carries a crew of 2,600
Allure was supposed to receive her Amplification this year(2020), but seems with the Pandemic, they will only be overhauling necessary items (propulsion, navigation, etc)
- If you like Wine(like we do - 300+ bottle cellar) Vintages in Central Park is the BEST place onboard to get the full wine Menu
- Skip the Windjammer for lunch. Try the Park Cafe in Central Park. They serve a play on the "Roast Beef on Weck" that originated in my home town (Buffalo, NY) that is absolutely Phenomenal. Here, it's Roast Beef, served on a Pretzel Salt and Caraway Seed encrusted Hard roll. Onboard, it is fresh cut prime rib, served on a pretzel salt and caraway seed encrusted sourdough roll. Add some Horseradish for the real experience(and a nice clearing of the sinuses)
- Hot tubs near the solarium are open until approximately 2am, dependent on use.
- Main Dining Room food is great. Try Chops grill or 150 Central park if you want an extra experience(with the extra cost, obviously)
- Get the deluxe drink package. If you have 1 beer and 1 Bottle of water/hour, over 12 hours, your bill will be around $120/day. without including any other beverages. (Beer comes out to approx $7, bottled water $3 after fees)
- Pick a port to stay on the ship. On port days, most passengers disembark. It gives much better access to Spa, Pools, Hot tubs, and other amenities.
- Book Shows and Excursions well in advance. Excursions start to be available about 365 days before departure, Shows about 90-120 days. Try to see everything. All shows are high quality (even CATS was ok onboard, and I abhor that production anywhere)
- Book Oceanview cabins instead of interior if your waking is based on daylight(interior cabins are incredibly dark inside when the lights are off). The forward-facing cabins on deck 6, 7 8 9, 10, and 11 allow for extra floorspace, and natural light. Window is approximately 25sqft. Word of caution, at night you must either A) have your lights turned off, or B) Have your curtains closed, or risk receiving a call/visit from the navigation bridge asking you to close your curtains.
This shows the typical layout of these rooms:
https://cruiseline-com.imgix.net/generic/dad6470427dc3c6452176ec161dfebdb.jpeg?auto=format,compress&w=747&h=420&fit=crop&fit=fill this shows the typical layout of these rooms
- Redbull is available at most bars, in both regular and sugar free.
- Breakfast at the Main Dining Room, and Johnny Rockets is complimentary
- For most cruisers on this size ship, Dramamine or other motion sickness meds are not needed, however if you do need them, a visit to Guest Services will get them for you. In my 3 Oasis Class Sailings(21 Days onboard), I have only had motion sickness once, due to leaving the Port of Origin late, and being about 2 miles behind another cruise vessel. I chose to go the Whisky route of remedy, instead of the Dramamine,
- a "Try Scuba" onboard excursion is available on most sailings, for under $50. If you are interested in SCUBA diving, but dont know if you can handle it, it takes place in the "Sport Pool" and gives you the ability to stand up if you panic.
- Most Oasis Class sailings also offer a PADI Open Water SCUBA certification course, which includes Online Pre Cruise coursework, a Controlled dive in an onboard Pool, and 2 Open water dives, and allows you to complete your Open Water Dive Cert. Last time I looked it was $795.
- Take the Opportunity to go to the "Quest Game Show" This is an ADULT event....dont bring the kids.
- the "Wipeout Bar" at the rear of Deck 16 is a great place to have a drink and watch the people on the FlowRider "wipe out"
- Oasis Dunes minigolf is a great way to kill 30-45 min
- On Some Oasis Class Ships, You can have food delivered anywhere on the ship
- All Oasis Class Ships, Save Allure, have the "Ultimate Abyss" Dry Slide, and the "Perfect Storm" Waterslide
- All Oasis Class Ships, Save Allure, have "El Loco Fresh" a complimentary Mexican food spot. Allure was supposed to receive her Amplification this year, but seems with the Pandemic, they will only be overhauling necessary items. Allure still has a mexican food restaurant/bar on Deck 6, on the boardwalk. This restaurant is ala Carte
- Visit the Schooner Bar(all Ships in Class) or Champagne Lounge(Allure Only, Replaced by Bionic Bar on all others) For low wait times!
If you have any questions or comments, please let me know!