Things to do?

What are some relatively inexpensive things to do in Belize? Like around $150 less for 4 people? I know that is a stretch, however, I am already planning to go to Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. Thanks in advance!

Tags: Belize Panama Canal Central America Belize City

8 Answers

we went cave tubing in Belize and loved it! For something a bit different, on a budget, you can take the Water Taxi out to one of the cayes, Caye Caulker is the closest and is a 1 hour boat ride. the boat ride is beautiful and very calm as you are inside of the Barrier Reef the whole way. the boats run almost every hour so its easy to catch a boat, just check the schedule. the water taxi departs from a dock directly beside the cruise ship terminal in Belize city. its a short walk on the sidewalk from where you exit the cruise ship secure area, to where you check in and purchase your Water Taxi ticket. I believe round trip is US$30 per person. once on the caye, its all sandy roads and bicycles. you can walk along the beach, grab a drink and take a swim. its amazing!

Where do we find these off-ship excursions?

Go cave tubing, but get the excursion off the ship, much cheaper. You will save a lot of money but still be with a group from the ship. We went with family (5) and friends (5) and it was less than $200. We’ll worth the money.

You can check out the excursions on this website. We have used them before and they guarantee your return to the ship.

Is this from a trusted source? Not sure of the forum's rules so I don't want to name any websites, but are they reputable? I want a back to ship guarantee! Never want to be stranded in a foreign country!

Check out one of the cave tubing excursions. We saw a few landmarks and learned some history on the ride to tubing site. There was some walking through the forest once we got to the location, but I have bad knees and it wasn't bad at all Happy. It was a great excursion and would definitely do again. They're currently running around $35pp and some include lunch.

I have, but do you have any other suggestions?

Have you check the Carnival site? independent tour operators?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.