Passports

Heading to Amber Cove, DR in March 2025. Is a passport needed to leave the ship at this port? Yes I have mine, it's my 3 year old niece that her father won't allow my sister to get her a passport. So I'm wondering if her birth certificate would be enough?

7 Answers

Oh, so true!!!!

Agreed...and we're probably missing a whole lot of this that we'll never get, not that its any of our bidness anyway. Why only DR? Amber Cove? Mebbe the family's from there, things can get complicated is all I know, and those "permission letters"....well......

8497FEB4-A501-43C8-B3A0-9AADD18548A0.jpeg

True. But that would be for the whole cruise, not just Amber Cove. That’s where the permission letter comes in.

Yeh, nor have we..but then you're not a non-custodial adult traveling with a minor in what "may" be a family squabble..a phone call to the "authorities" by an aggrieved parent, right or wrong, justified or not, can cause ALL KINDS of difficulties...amazing the mud people can fling, or get stuck in.....

We’ve never needed them when stopping there. It’s part of the itinerary for our October cruises. If that changes I’ll let you know.

Went and looked and found all kinds of answers some going back years...some looked official, others were just people throwing in their .02. This is way too important to trust what somebody seems to think is a correct official answer, and even that on the internet might have changed. To complicate things a bit, that area is "owned" (or developed) by CCL...how that changes the rules I don't know, and I still wouldn't accept anything other than an official answer, especially how it affects a minor traveling with you...I assume theres no problem with her boarding the ship either?

CALL THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CONSULATE! theres at least 5 of them, all over the US...pick whichever, it probably doesn't even matter which one you choose, and get the REAL OFFICIAL UP-TO-DATE ANSWER.....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.