Packing!

Hello! I am having a hard time packing as I’m not sure of weather. Alaskan cruise leaving this week. I’ve looked at weather at ports but no idea about cruise! Is it usually colder at sea?

6 Answers

Just pack clothing you can layer. Jeans are fine. We went the first week in August and had unusually warm weather. Bring some cotton turtle necks you can wear under sweatshirts. Also bring a couple short sleeve tops and cotton sweaters and a wind breaker with a hood. A rain poncho wouldn't hurt. Don't forget binoculars!

Happy trip!

When you go on your excursions take a light water proof jacket with you It can start out clear and turn to rain in an instant in Alaska. If you do not have a light windbreaker with hood, look for some of the cheap disposable plastic poncho's. (something like this https://www.amazon.com/KKTICK-Disposable-Raincoat-Emergency-Waterproof/dp/B073SNB8PH/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=disposable+poncho&qid=1564772969&s=gateway&sr=8-4 )

Have a great cruise, Alaska is one of the most beautiful places to cruise.

thank you!!

Sound advice given here.

Dress in layers and you will be fine. They have had record hot temps in Anchorage, but don't count on it. It can go from 40-80 in the same day.

The very short answer is yes, regardless of season. Assuming you're doing the good ol inside passage, like most. Bring a good windbreaker, preferably water repellent. mebbe with a hood. and a sweater for under it. Layers is good. It ain't Cozumel. ENJOY!!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.