Our next cruise is 122 days away...

...hoping this might be a new way to make new friends. Never tried this before.

We always meet the greatest people on our cruises (a lot from Texes :) ), but always towards or at the end of our cruise :(.

Maybe this could be a good place to start.

So, hoping to meet some friends sailing to Alaska this coming May, like us.

If not...worth a shot!

Happy sailing,

Chadncathy Big Smile

6 Answers

Just get out there and enjoy the activities! Last cruise I went on out of Boston, I met a lot of people from my hometown (NH)! I just met them during a trivia match and decided to team up with them. From then on, we teamed up for every trivia game!

As for the staff, I am a Recreation Assistant who happens to be a Certified Activity Director for the elderly, so I wear my shirt that says "Keep calm and let the Activity Assistant handle it"! Then I buddy up to the Recreation Staff and I'm like "Got any tips?"

Lone thing we have started doing is going to the shot glass exchange on board. I have not seen them advertised on here but have on facebook groups for a cruise. We have even organized one. It works like a dirty Santa game. Great way to meet pool on the first sea day

The previous advice is sound! We met, in person, someone from our roll call/ship mate postings. Hope to sail with them again! another thing you might consider, the first few days wear something with your state on it (t-shirt, landyard, hat, etc.) to get conversations started.

Welcome!! We cruise in May as well, but not to Alaska..

Yep nlcdn has it right. The roll call is the place where people on your specific cruise will be. Also on the ShipMate app. Roll call may be found here

https://cruiseline.com/rollcall

Enjoy. Join the roll call for your cruise date.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.