Luggage

I don't quite understand this...I will have my suitcase and my CPAP machine bag, plus a carry on? What if I want to bring a 12 pack of sodas? Do I need to try to cram all this stuff into one suitcase or what?

4 Answers

Generally for me, and the boss, its a day-pack each, with books, camera, bathing suits, and meds. Everything else, I'll hand to the porter with a $5 each.

I have not done it in a long time, but Royal Caribbean used to allow you to put a luggage tag on a case of water or soda, and the porters would then send it on with the rest of the luggage.

Just put all the loose items in a carry-on backpack.

Here's a photo of mine (just kidding)

CWF Backpacker's Closet Giant Backpack ...

AP...beat me to it...sometimes the policy will vary from one line to another...might be helpful to know which you're on...watched folks walk on with an old fashioned grocery cart filled with soda...to each their own...The cpap and soda I can understand, but why not just check your luggage? A smallish carry on for meds and really important stuff is what savvy travelers do...keep it on your person...the rest, let THEM deliver it...

Not sure which cruise line you are sailing, but … you don’t have to have all those things in one container. You have to be able to carry it onto the ship. You could “strap” the soda’s to the “carryon” luggage for convenience but make it easy to take it off to go through the X-ray machine. Perhaps have a carry strap attached to your c-pap to carry on your other shoulder. Or have a second bag for the sodas and c-pap. Just do not put those things in your checked luggage.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.