Excursions

I have been told it's cheaper to just get off the boat and get an excursion. I feel they will be alll booked and how do I pay cash or cc. Please let me know any suggestions

Tags: Caribbean - Eastern

4 Answers

FWIW, the risk of booking "elsewhere" isn't worth any potential savings. or worry when it gets to be a bit later in the afternoon and you're nowhere near the ship. Matter of fact, you have no idea where you are. Sit down in the comfort of your own home, log into the cruise line website, don't commit to anything, but read...and I don't mean the glitz the cruise line puts out. just use that as a guide to see what tours, if any, you're interested in...THEN read what other folks just like you have to say about it. You might be amazed over the difference or...all that glitters isn't gold...or something like that....btw...theres no rule that says you have to get off at every port. The ship becomes, well, very pleasant with 1/2 the passengers getting off...looking for...ahem...bargains..The buffet, the pool, all empty out.

And remember, if you select a tour on the cruise line website, you're going to have to PAY for it. good luck...bring on the questions!!

We always find for excursions that it is best to book before cruising. Non cruise line excursions can be booked through third parties and yes they generally are cheaper and funny enough sometimes they are the exact same excursion using the same island based tour company. There are a number of reputable 3 party companies such as Viator or ShoreTrips that you can book online in advance with and also get reviews and good descriptions.

AP says it all. Good advice.

Yes, they are often cheaper. The thing to remember is, if you are on a ship sponsored tour and your bus has a flat tire and will be late returning to the ship, the ship will wait for you. If you are not on a sponsored tour, and are late the ship will sail without you. We have seen it happen.

As far as booking elsewhere, many have booked through this website and have been pleased (I am sure they will pipe in with their experience). You can look on other travel site and get quotes. Be sure they will return your money if the ship skips the port for any reason (it happens). No need to worry about all tours being booked by the locals, because there is almost always a plethora of people offering tours as you get off the ship.

Good luck and enjoy your adventure.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.