dining attire

I have a friend wondering if capri pants would be suitable for dining. I suggested to her that probably not on the Formal nights, but not sure about the other evening dining. What do you think?

This is for a Carnival cruise line if it matters.

Tags: dining attire

7 Answers

For me, Formal Night no, but they would probably be fine if they wore capris for casual nights.

Yes it matters...tell your "friend" she'll probably be overdressed on CCL or NCL..now if it was CUNARD, I would probably rent a tux...wait...if I was sailing CUNARD, I'd probably OWN one...or two...as to what "My Queen" would wear, well, you'd have to check with her maid..see if the tiara is clean....hmmmm...I think today was her afternoon off..the maid that is...boss lady is "off" everyday...heheheheheh

The last carnival cruise we were on just about anything goes in the dining room . Formal night meant no jokes in your jeans .

Yes she can .

It is possible she will be the best dressed in her capris. My legs aren't "pretty" enough (imho) to subject the dining room to that.Wink As WeCruiseToo said, your advice was spot on.

Your advice was spot on, she will be fine in capris! Happy

I'd say that would be fine. I see this topic come up on cruise forum sites many times. This is my opinion. How would you dress if you were going to dinner at a nice restaurant. Not talking about going to your local pizza, burger or taco joint. Just a night out with friends and/of family. Not talking gowns or tuxes, just nice neat casual clothes. There's a time and a place for jeans and tees, not to mention overalls, tank tops and daisy docks. Cheers.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.