COLLEGE LEVEL COURSE--ELEVATORS 101

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-provides-insight-on-new-elevator-usage/124525

Right...simpler, faster, more efficient...suuuuuuure it is.......anybody been on a ship with them? And I don't mean a half empty ship as a promotion either...I mean a full ship with "normal" passengers? Be sure to actually read the "instructions"....you may need them later.....

7 Answers

My first thought was those passengers that do not speak english, come and squeeze in front of me and get on taking my spot lol. Now there headed somewhere they have no idea. I only speak english so i hope they don't have foreign languages on out of country cruises? Hey like the one post said, use the stairs more its good exercise.

That's why we will be on the Horizon in January...We keep missing Bonaire. Hopefully, this time nothing goes awryand we'll actually dock at each of the ABC islands.

OH......MY......GOD. Are they serious? I got a headache reading the article, and it didn't improve after watching the video.

A few random thoughts. Privateer43 most beautifully and succinctly summed up the problems this will be heaped upon inebriated people & kids (and adults) with less than a 5th grade education.

Picture this: I am alone, and I want to go from deck 4 to deck 9. I call a "smart elevator" and they send me a car that already has 6 people in it, all going to deck 9. No big deal, right? An elevator can easily accommodate a 7th person, albeit a bit snugly. EXCEPT, I forgot to mention that I am in one of those scooters that take up as much room as 3 people. "Oooops, looks like I'll have to wait for the next car. But no, wait. I can make it. All you all have to do is hug the walls a little tighter. There, thats better. Oh, and I'm sorry I ran over your foot lady." Does their smart technology take all that into account?

In the end I predict this will be a great asset to us cruisers. Not because it will save us any time, but because instead of using it we will use the stairs more often, thus helping to burn off some of our daily intake of 18,000 calories (speaking for myself of course).

Final thought. This system has been installed on the Horizon. I have trumpeted my love for the smaller ships, but I also want to do an ABC cruise. To that end I have one booked for Feb 26' on board........... yup, you guessed it.... the Horizon. The good news is I have 2 years to re-learn how to use an elevator.

Hope springs eternal. I guess i just feel a bit cynical/suspicious when a change like that is implemented for "my benefit".....hard to believe there were no issues...but then, I've been taking your .02 as gospel for years....Happy

We we’ve been on one where everyone understood how to work them and it was nice. But it wasn’t a full ship. We will e going on that ship again in January. Time will tell.

Not anybody else? I think its gonna be REALLY entertaining.....especially when folks have to break themselves of the habit of just stepping on the next elevator regardless of where its going, just because its there...and all the others were too crowded...might work in office buildings, where most people are there every day, maybe for years...but on a cruise, where theres a whole new boatload every week, or more often, well...............

sounds like smart elevators will be the nemesis of dumb drunks and witless kids

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.