Recipes: Guava Glazed Ribs from Disney Cruise Line and Carnival’s Frozen Daiquiri
The Fourth of July is just around the corner! This Tasty Tuesday we’re sharing two delicious cruise recipes that are sure to be a big hit at your BBQ celebration. First up is Disney Cruise Line’s Guava Glazed Ribs. This tasty main dish will add a tropical twist to your menu. Looking for something cool and refreshing to pair with the ribs? We recommend pulling out your blender and making Carnival Cruise Line’s Frozen Daiquiri. Enjoy!
Guava Glazed Ribs - Disney Cruise Line
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tbsp oregano (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 rack pork spareribs
Guava Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup guava puree
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup clear honey
Prepare Rib Marinade
- Place all ingredients, except the water and bay leaves, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, place into a mixing bowl and add the bay leaves and water.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs so both sides are covered.
- Marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.\
Prepare Guava Sauce
- Mix ingredients together.
- Transfer the ribs and marinade to a roasting pan, cover and place into a preheated oven at 270 degrees.
- Roast for 1.5 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place onto another baking tray, brush with guava barbecue sauce and place back into the oven.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 340 degrees until cooked through and glazed.
- Remove and rest for 10 minutes.
Frozen Daiquiri - Carnival Cruise Line
- 6 cups ice
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 oz. frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ oz. rum
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soda
- In a blender, combine ice, sugar and strawberries.
- Pour in lime juice, lemon juice, rum and lemon-lime soda.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.