Recipe: Oceania Cruises Butternut Squash Soup & Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Cosmo
Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away and there is no time like the present to start planning your festive menu. Squash makes the perfect healthy side dish, but why not turn it up a notch and make this savory, vegan Butternut Squash soup from Oceania Cruises with seasonal ingredients that will warm the soul and have your guests smacking their lips for more. While spending time with your loved ones and giving thanks for your time together and your health, you will want to toast with the Carnival Cosmo, a light and bright libation that gives a new spin on an old classic.
Butternut Squash Soup – Oceania Cruises
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3/8 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, diced (or 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 piece jalapeño pepper
- Diced Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds roasted
- 2 tablespoons green basil oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium-size saucepan and sauté the onions and ginger until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for a few minutes without browning the squash.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Then place ingredients in a blender and puree. Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender – the consistency of the soup should be thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour the soup into a bowl and top with roasted pumpkin seeds, scallions, and green basil oil.
Carnival Cosmo – Carnival Cruise Line
- 1 3/4oz 42 Below Passionfruit Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Limoncello
- 1-ounce Cranberry Juice
- Wedge of lime, juiced
- Mix in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Join the discussion
Have you ever spent Thanksgiving on a cruise?