Recipe: Disney Cruise Line’s Tomato Salad & Oceania’s Ginger Mojito
May is National Salad Month! In this week’s Tasty Tuesday we’re sharing two light and refreshing recipes that are perfect to serve this Spring. First up is Disney Cruise Line’s Tomato Salad. This chilled salad is easy-to-make and packs a lot of flavors! It pairs perfectly with the Ginger Mojito from Oceania Cruises. Instantly transport yourself to the tropics with this refreshing island-inspired beverage.
Tomato Salad - Disney Cruise Line
- 5 Beefsteak tomatoes (¹/³ slices)
- 4 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Curly parsley (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Picked flat parsley
- Place the dijon mustard, garlic, and sherry vinegar into the bottom of a mixing bowl. Gradually pour and whisk in the olive oil. Add the parsley, shallots, and pepper. Set aside.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on a serving platter and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the sherry vinegar dressing over the tomatoes.
- Garnish with a sprig of flat parsley.
Ginger Mojito - Oceania Cruises
- 8 Sprigs mint
- 2 cups Simple syrup (see tip)
- 2 cups Silver tequila
- 2 cups Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 can Ginger ale, cold
Chef’s Tip - To make simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan and heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Detach the mint leaves and divide them evenly among 8 Collins glasses, about 10 leaves per glass.
- Using a wooden spoon, muddle the leaves.
- Add ¼ cup (2 ounces) of simple syrup to each glass and continue to muddle.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Add ¼ cup of tequila and ¼ cup of lime juice to each glass.
- Top each drink with a splash of ginger ale.