March 2015 - Majesty of the Seas to Caribbean - Bahamas
I have very mixed feelings about this cruise. Allow me to begin with the positives:
* Royal Caribbean is the best of any cruise line for on-boarding and debarkation. We were given a time to be at the port and were on the ship exactly on schedule. Similarly, leaving the ship was extremely efficient.
* Service, both in the cabin and in the dining areas, were phenomenal, easily the equivalent of Celebrity and far superior to Carnival.
* Coco Cay was a beautiful, relaxing island.
* Although I did not bring my children on this cruise, there were a ton of activities planned to for kids and teenagers, and, even though there were many kids on the ship, at no time were any of them disruptive. If you are going on a cruise with a family, I would suggest using Royal Caribbean
* Eating at the Chef's Table on Saturday night was one of the best culinary experiences of my life. For $75/person, you receive champagne at the start, a 5 course meal specially designed for you by the chef, a different wine paired with each course (and unlimited amounts of wine during the meal) and a signed cookbook. This dinner lasted 4 hours and was worth every penny.
* The food, other than at the Chef's table, was simply not at the same level as Celebrity. There were a couple of dishes I really enjoyed but I was rarely wowed any items.
* Compared to the last cruise on Celebrity, there were fewer fun activities during the day. We did go to a Chateau Lafitte wine tasting, but that was it, there was not much else to do during the day.
* Nassau was a bit of a disappointment, as it is a very impoverished area outside of the 2 streets you are supposed to visit. Not sure I would go back into the town again if another cruise takes me there.
* The ship, while in good shape in general, does show its age in places. Carpets are worn, areas need painting, and in the Schooner bar there is a window that is completely shattered that has not been fixed.
If you are a family with children looking for a cheap vacation, I think this would be an excellent option as the service and activities for kids are wonderful. If you are a couple traveling without kids, perhaps another ship in Royal Caribbean or Celebrity might be better suited for your needs.