Thoughts on MSC and being able to cruise in September 2021?

So today my parents and I decided to book a cruise for their 40th wedding anniversary in September 2021. We're not new to cruising, but this will be our first time on MSC, and we're going on the Divina. Previous lines we've cruised are Carnival, Costa, Norwegian, Royal, and Celebrity, mainly. What can we expect that's different on MSC?

Also, do you think it will be safe to cruise again by that time?

My niece doesn't know this yet, but she's booked to go with us! It will be her second cruise (first was this past Feb. on Norwegian Bliss), and she did so well that we want to take her on another! What's the kid's program like? She will be 8 by the time we set sail.

Tags: MSC Cruises

6 Answers

They ended up cancelling our cruise...a year and a half out!

Guess they're hiring in July for August sailing now. Its all about risk mitigation.

Just got my confirmation! Cruising during Hurricane Season in September doesn't bother me. I live outside Boston and have done the Boston to Bermuda itinerary in September before (I did this last year on Serenade Of The Seas).

Just remember that you are in the heart of hurricane season, even if everything else is back to “normal”. Otherwise, I think you will be fine.

I have heard both good and bad about MSC. Mostly good so I hope you enjoy. As for Sept 2021 .. we will either be cruising by that time or the cruise industry and most travel will be no more. That is a fair ways off and who knows what will happen between then and now. Second or third wave of covid should have come and gone by then but you never know. Have to stay optimistic and think it is a go. We have been wondering about future cruises ourselves and have taken a chance that Sept of this year will be ok so 2021 .. well that is a long way off. Plan on it and hope for the best.

Cruising in September, 2021 is a possibility but all depends on the new world normal by then.

In regards to MSC and the Divina, have you checked the review section on the top of this page- good info there.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.