January 2016 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip) Cruise on Jewel of the Seas
Honestly was very disappointed with the ship. Locations were perfect. Have been on all three brands of Celebrity, Carnival, and Royal Carib in the last three years. Carnival truly and honestly is better in every category. List of issues that need to be addressed.
1. Higher quality food- Eggs were very watery and had not been fully cooked more than 5 of the 7 days. The steaks at dinner were of far lower quality than Carnival. No cafes on the pool deck? Pathetic. Carnival has pizza burgers, taco stations all readily available WITHOUT shoes and shirt. Plus burgers have sautéed mushroom and onions and bacon to go with them. Can’t even begin to describe how poor the food quality and quantity is compared to Carnival.
2. Lack of entertainment. 3 Comedy shows total? Carnival did 14 comedy shows for the ship. 1 good comedian. Lack of entertainment on deck for sea days. Had no more than 1-2 small boring things going on. If you want a really boring slow cruise with very little entertainment book RC. If you have plenty of money to spend on worthless watches and perfumes this is the cruise for you!
3. Poor timing of events and activities. The infamous rock wall is open for very few hours of the day and closes for wind greater than 1 MPH. Entertainment right in the middle of late seating time. Just not a well put together schedule. Very inconsiderate.
4. Always the earliest ship to leave the port when there is no reason to. Aruba to Curacao not a far distance. St Thomas to St Kitts is also one we could have stayed later, yet again we were first to leave amongst the other ships.
5. Extra charges no other ships have- Room service charge after midnight, Asian stand $10 for a meal(It would be free on other ships) It’s the little things but they all end up adding up.
In conclusion I hate to sound like a whining guest but the honest truth is Carnival is just far better than RC. I hope that RC can improve and wish them and their organization nothing but the best. Hope this helps some people.