Zaandam Cruise Review to Mexico

Great first time cruise!

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall, our first cruise experience was wonderful. It was much needed relaxation that we needed. I didn't even mind that very small cabin we were staying in because we were hardly there. What did bother me was being on the lowest deck and could smell sewage. My husband and daughter were sick the first few days but they got over it. My daughter made a lot of good friends being a tween, she had a great time as well. They really catered to different ages of kids from really young to older teenagers. That was wonderful because the adults could have a great time. I comment the cruise director, Kieron Buffery who was so funny during the whole trip and hosting some of the entertainment. He made our trip even better. I also want to commend that wait staff, the restaurant staff on the Lido deck, and the housekeeping staff. Every single one of them always had a smile on their faces, always joking around, and always saying hello. We definitely could do this trip again, as a matter of fact, are planning to do the Alaska cruise next year. If you want a great vacation, taking a cruise is definitely getting the best bang for you buck. You eat everyday, constantly entertained, you do wha.tever you want, PLUS you get to visit different places. I highly recommend taking a cruise through Holland America ANYDAY!!!

Pros: The hospitality, the food

Cons: not staying in one place

Recommends Zaandam? Yes!

Everyone was so friendly
Always something to do
Great for kids and teens