The ship was beautiful

Zaandam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 24, 2009
Ship: Zaandam
Not as big as some of the Holland America Ships, good thing.
The cabin steward knew and rememberd my name from the first day. He kept my stateroom clean, decorated (towel Oragami), and my ice buckiet full.
The food was to die for, I gained 9 lbs. even though I walked 15 miles.
Took advantage of the Greehouse Spa for a special in port "massage & facial". Everyone at my table noticed the improvement in my face.
The shore excursions were extremely educational and as a science teacher, got lots of great pictures.
The 'Coup d'etat' was the express disembarkation: I set my luggage outside my room on Thursday night, and did not see it until I arrived in Hartford, CT the next day, intact. It was the last piece of luggage on the conveyor which means it was the FIRST loaded on the plane.
I will continue to sail with Holland America. Thank you for a great summer vacation.
I think I will book a cruise to the Panama Canal for this Spring.

Recommends Zaandam? Yes!