Cost cuts show

Westerdam Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Sail Date: September 01, 2013
Ship: Westerdam
Cabin Type: Suite
Previous Holland Cruises gave me promise for a favorite cruise line\, this one took that away.

meals were presented nice and taste was good. I think the portion size was perfect. So many cruises give you way to much .

As I said the spa...towels and robes threadbare\, no lotion\, qtips razors or amenities except shampoo\, conditioner\, soap. Also bought a package and last day Spa closed at 6pm which was not stated when package was purchased. 6 of us were looking forward to an Early meal and then soaking in the spa ...but it closed at 6pm

Hallways had leaks that were handled with the bucket system. Aroma not so good. Ceiling flood on Lido deck above Asian food.

we had a flood outside in our hallway and we also endured an overnight with a loud banging...NO Sleep.. they said it was a stabilizer hitting with the waves...never had that in my 20 years of cruises. Like someone hitting an empty oil drum with a sledge hammer all night. We had a Neptune suite level room.

Pros: Relaxing with my travel companions

Cons: Spa needs updates

Recommends Westerdam? No.