Disappointing

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 13, 2016
Ship: Vision of the Seas

Vision of the Seas is an old ship and showed it.  Royal Carribean is not what it used to be, we were on the Freedom of the Seas 5 years ago and it was much nicer.  They didn't even have shampoo in the bathrooms and I didn't bring any.  Only 2 main shows on a 7 day cruise.  Lacking in entertainment.  Food in the windjammer was mediocre, food in the main dining room was very good.  We had just been on a Princess Cruise 2 weeks prior, and my preference is now definitely Princess.  It's just a lot of little things on Princess that made it more special, like clean public bathrooms, shampoo and conditioner and shower jell in the bathrooms, refrigerators in the rooms, service in general.  Unless on bigger ships it's nicer, but on this ship everything was very disappointing, I feel like I wasted my money.  Not sure I even want to try another Royal Carribean ship to see if it's any better, at this point I'm just staying with Princess cruises.

The dining staff was very nice, our servers in the dining room were great and so was our room attendant.

Dining room servers Manuel and Hrvoje were wonderful. Ryan, our room attendant was also wonderful.

Unfortunately our cabin was right over the engine, had to buy ear plugs to sleep. We were not aware we were right over the engine. I had asked for a room in the middle of the ship. There was always a foul odor in the bathroom.