Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Family First

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

This was my 2nd cruise with RC. I therefore compared it to the cruise I had on the Freedom. Some things were better and some worse.  Captain Merick was Awesome, by far the best. My servers Mohamed and Menino were Awesome. My Room attendent Renald was Awesome. Where the not so good things came were the reservations in the anytime dining area. They were very disorganized. We had problems nearly every night, one of which we were unable to go to the table we asked for , even after waiting nearly an hour past our reservation time. They were very apologetic but couldn't seem to get things straightened out. Another area was the quality of food at the Windjammer was not as good as the Freedom. We also liked the entertainment on the Freedom better. The Orchestra was Awesome but the singers weren't.

Room attendent Renald was awesome!
The first port was a mess when we disembarked. We ended up going through the room hallways from the main theater to get to the exit point. It was a mess because the room attendants were trying to get their job done and we were consuming the hallway. The next day they fixed this. The disembarkment on the last day was good. We were able to get through customs very quickly. The thing I liked the most was that Captain Merek was there saying good bye to each of us as we walked out.
Our bus broke down on the way to the Ruins, we had less time on the excursion.
The Orchestra was excellent. The singers were OK. The other entertainers were OK. I felt that the entertainment on the Freedom of the seas in April was much better.
Captain Mereck, Mohamed and Menino (servers), Renald (Stateroom Attendant), Orlando. All these people were EXCELLENT. I would love to go cruising with these people again.
Windjammer food was ok but not great. Main dining room was great.