Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Really Exceptional

Sail Date: August 14, 2014

This is the 4th cruise that I have taken over a period of about 20 years. Actually, I had almost given up on cruises, however, Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas was an awesome affordable cruise! The staff and crew were focused on making this an exceptional experience. Mind you, I came into this thinking by the time this four night cruise is over I will be ready to jump overboard. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Cruise Director, Steve Davis, was unbelievably energetic. He was involved and truly cared about the experience of the cruise. He was excited about it and involved! The Vision of the Seas was renovated not quite a year ago and is an absolutely gorgeous ship with multiple panoramic views. There was an adult pool near and whirlpool area that was quieter with less sun that was more my speed. The entertainment was top notch, a comedian, a performer (I did not think I would like spinning plates - it was soooo fun!). The musical was wonderful. I am going to a Broadway play in two weeks in NYC and if you told me these were Broadway performers I would easily believe it! The Michael Jackson dance that the cruise Director taught with passengers was the most entertaining performance I found unbelievably fun. The food was excellent in both the main more formal dining room as well as in the "Windjammer" Room. I also took a Sushi making class with my partner with about 20 other people took. Arthur taught the class and you could not have a more informed, interested, and lighthearted handsome soul teach that class. It was wonderful and now I've made my own sushi twice at home since the cruise.

I have had other cruises on the Cunard Countess years ago when Cunard had some smaller ships. I also have been on the Norwegian Dream about 10 years ago. More recently I was the chaplain on Rosie O'Donnells "R Family" vacation on the Holland America Oosterdam to the Mexican Rivera. The first two cruises I thought were rather boring. I could not wait to get off (these were both in the Caribbean). The last trip on the Oos

terdam to the Spanish Rivera from the West coast of the US it was hard to evaluate since I really was the chaplain. Overall, I vowed I would never get on a cruise ship again! Royal Caribbean changed my whole perspective!

This vacation was the most fun I have ever had on a vacation. I liked there were people from all over the world and from kids to the elderly. As a gay man, me and my partner felt welcomed, and I like to be in a heterogeneous group. I like being around people of all different backgrounds and interests. It was great fun, with no stress, and I felt like it enabled me to get back to being me! My partner hates to lose money so we did not spend a lot of money in the casino, but paradoxically he loves going the casino. My rating 10/10 and I know of no one related to Royal Caribbean, it's my opinion.

Cruise Photos

Gorgeous ship with visa views, fabulous theatre, and pool areas.
Children's Programs Don't really know except I saw children in activities (don't have kids)
see my write up
Allen on the Mayan tour was a wonderful tour guide.
I like the inside cabin since it is dark. In the past I have had a cabin with a balcony or window but the reality is when I was in the cabin it was to sleep, take a nap, or wash up.

Windjammer is best all around food. "My time" dining works best with a reservation for the main dining room.