great getaway

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 09, 2014
Ship: Vision of the Seas
Cabin Number: GTY

This cruise was a last minute deal for us.  The room was better than expected for the price.  The crew has a lot of personality and work hard to entertain. The only negative was that the spa seemed very disorganized.  They had to change the time of a prepaid massage and facial and the pedi I tried to get was over 1/2 hour late.  I was unable to wait, but I noticed they still charged me $10.00 for something that was their fault.  That said, the spa is not actually run by Royal Caribbean, so I don't hold that against RCCL.  The food in the main dining was very good and the Chef's Table experience was memorable.  I loved being a part of the Thriller Dance on the last night.  That was HUGE fun.  Even the little things, like trivia contests and the bar tender who decided to create something off menu for us were fun.  This was our second cruise with Royal Caribbean and we will definitely consider them again in the future.

Main dining room was great, the buffet was a little bland, but you'll find that on most cruises.

didn't use

Go to the Schooner Bar for the best drinks.